I’ve got a few pre-shaped bone nuts but, alas, none that would fit. The only other blanks I’ve got are a little large and will therefore need a little more work to make one fit.
Once I’ve cut it roughly down to size (I’ll get at least 2 nuts from that blank) I’ll use the sanding disk to get the thickness right.
Once it fits in the slot, grind it to the right shape and cut the string slots.
The depth of the slots is obviously a critical part of the setup so I’ll do those once the neck is back on the body.
At first glance the neck looked good but looking more closely at the last fret the strings are a little off, the gap between the string and the end of the fret on the Bass side is about 1mm but about 3mm on the Treble side. There is a little play in the neck so I’ll loosen off the neck bolts and see if I can move it slightly.
Looking like a Guitar again.
As you can see I’ve also changed the Pickguard and Pickups. It came as a fully loaded item with just the jack socket to wire in. And an earth wire to the two tone controls, that threw me for a while and caused some very odd effects.
Enough for today. Tomorrow should see it finished. Just the nut slots and setup.